This recipe was inspired by an amazing breakfast I had in San Diego. I am all about convenience so I turned the scramble into egg muffins. The recipe makes 12 muffins so you can meal prep and re-heat them for the rest of the week.
8 whole eggs
6 egg whites
1 cup chopped spinach
1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes
salt and pepper
1. Whisk eggs and egg whites in large bowl.
2. Add chopped spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix.
4. Spray muffin tin and fill with egg mixture. Top with desired amount of goat cheese.
5. Bake for at 425 degrees for about 15 mins. I used a knife to stick in the middle to check if they were finished.
6. Once cooled, top with avocado and ENJOY!
I have a crazy September ahead and sometimes I need a quick on the go breakfast or snack. INSERT: Protein Pancakes! I host a huge pancake making party, by myself, and just flipped away! These are also a great option for if you are traveling. I keep them frozen and heat them up in my hotel in my travel size crock pot. I also eat them when I am craving a donut or a pastry or when I need nutrition but am on the run!
Here’s what you will need for equipment:
- Nutri-bullet or Magic-bullet
- Griddle (goes much faster)
- Gluten free oats
- Low fat cottage cheese
- Quest Multi Purpose Protein Powder
- Flavors: Dark Banana, White chocolate Raspberry or Blueberry White
Remember this is a BULK recipe but you can take the base and separate it into different flavors. I also use the Nutri-Bullet to make my oats into flour!
16 egg whites, 2 cups oats (blended), 2 scoops protein powder, 2/3 cup cottage cheese and 1 TBSP vanilla.
For the different flavors:
White Chocolate Raspberry: fold in 2 cups of raspberries. Once you pour your pancake on the griddle, add 3-5 white chocolate chips on top. (my batch size made 20 pancakes. Calorie: 101 Fat: 2 Carb: 11 Protein:13)
Dark Banana: use blender to mix in 3 bananas. This will make the batter a little runny. Again, add 3-5 dark chocolate chips per pancake once poured. (my batch made 23 pancakes. Calorie: 86 Fat: 1 Carb: 10 Protein: 9)
Blueberry White: fold in 2 cups of blueberries and again add 3-5 white chocolate chips per pancake. (my batch made 16 pancakes. Calorie: 101 Fat:1.5 Carb: 12 Protein:10)
Once you have them all cooked, I put 3-4 in plastic baggies and store them in the freezer. I usually keep a bag in the fridge so they are defrosted. When you are ready to enjoy these AMAZING P-cakes, just pop them in the toaster! If you are watching your sugar, feel free to skip the chips, but they are my favorite part. That melty goodness in a random bite!!
Who doesn’t love quick, simple, easy meals for dinner? I cooked this meal for dinner on Thursday before work. Whenever I cook a meal, I make 2-3 extra servings to eat for lunch or dinner the rest of the week! This one is awesome because you can freeze your meat sauce for meals within the month. Enjoy!
Bison/Turkey Zucchini Spaghetti
Cal: 284 P: 28.5 F:11 C: 16
-1.25 pounds of ground bison (I use Kivasun from Costco)
-1.25 pounds of ground turkey
-small can of Muir Glen fire toasted diced tomatoes
– large jar of Muir a Glen garlic roasted pasta sauce
-6 medium zucchini
1. Use spiralizer to make zucchini noodles. I find that if you use paper towels and press to get out the moisture, they have a little more crunch.
2. Spread zucchini noodles on pan and bake for 10 mins at 350 degrees. I go blot out water halfway through and rotate around.
3. While the noodles are baking, brown turkey and bison on stove top.
4. Once cooked, add both the diced tomatoes and pasta sauce.
When serving, I measured 1/2 cup zucchini noodles and 1 cup sauce. Top with fresh Parmesan and enjoy a glass of red wine!
Viola! Bon appetite!
I LOVE chocolate! I am one of those people that craves something sweet pretty much all the time. I decided to create my own chocolate dessert that is naturally sweet with natural sugar.
Here’s what you need:
1 bag of Simply Balanced dried strawberries(Target)
1 bag of Simply Balanced dried raspberries (Target)
1/2 c unsalted roasted cashews
1c Ghirardelli semi sweet chocolate chips
1c Ghirardelli 60% cocoa chips
1 tbsp finely shredded coconut
1. I first cup my dried strawberries in half since they were pretty big.
2. Lay wax paper over cookie sheet. Melt the chips together in microwave. Once they are melted, mix up and start creating circles. I used a tbsp to measure and created 22 chips.
3. On each chip, I put one cashew, one strawberry and one raspberry on top. I used the finely shredded coconut for fancy sprinkles!
Nutrition: One chip
88 cal, 5.6 g fat, 11 g carbs, 8.3 g sugar, 1.4 g protein